MediaManager is a document, image, and sound management plug-in for FileMaker
MediaManager 16 Available - new distribution plan announced
September 6, 2017 — New Millennium Communications, Clear Solutions Software, and 1stplugins announce a new version of the MediaManager plug-in for FileMaker.
MediaManager 16 is compatible with FileMaker Pro 16, and also with FileMaker Pro 14 and 15. MediaManager 16 provides 11 new file management script steps. For a complete list of new features and changes, please refer to: www.1stplugins.com/plugins/mediamanager.
Since 2005, MediaManager has been developed by a collaboration of New Millennium Communications (Boulder, Colorado), Clear Solutions Software, and 1stplugins (Prague, Czech Republic).
Effective immediately, the plug-in development and distribution will transition to 1stplugins. This transition of ownership has no impact on existing customers and their licenses remain valid. If you own an earlier version of MediaManager, upgrade pricing is available for MediaManager 16. If you purchased MediaManager 15 on or after July 1, 2017 you are entitled to MediaManager 16 automatically. If you are new to MediaManager, see the purchase page for many attractive purchase options, including multi-user, cross-platform, and developer licenses.
Please visit www.1stplugins.com/plugins/mediamanager for details.
If you are new to MediaManager, see 1stplugins’ purchase page for many attractive options, including multi-user, cross-platform, and developer licenses.Purchase
If you own an earlier version of MediaManager, upgrade pricing is available from 1stplugins for MediaManager 16. If you purchased MediaManager 15 on or after July 1, 2017 you are entitled to MediaManager 16 automatically.Upgrade
Questions / Support
Inquiries about MediaManager may be made via 1stplugins’ Support Form.Support
High Quality Image Manipulation
MediaManager will modify, transform, or convert images – without degradation, and all within your own FileMaker Pro files!
- Adjust image size, bit-depth, quality, and resolution
- Resize to specific dimensions or by percentage
- Crop, scale, Reflect, Rotate, Skew, Perspective
- Full QuickTime image effects (e.g., sharpen, merge, brightness/contrast, RGB balance, emboss, etc.)
- Apply Effects using settings from dialog or silently under script control
- Robust image handling: no detail is lost through multiple transformations
- Convert image formats (JPG, GIF, BMP, PICT, TIFF, PNG, etc.)
Powerful Sound Editing
With MediaManager functions, you can transform your FileMaker Pro solutions into full sound studio or audio library!
- Play sounds asynchronously in background
- Control playback volume, tempo, and balance
- Extract, fade, append, mix, and normalize sounds
- Insert silence, tones, and noise
- Insert and export sounds dynamically
- Convert sound formats (MP3, WAV, MP4/AAC, M4A, AIFF, etc.)
- View and modify the ID3 tags of MP3s
- Create waveform images for sound clips
MP3 sound file support
MediaManager gives you a complete set of MP3 tools, as well as several other important functions and fixes:
- Insert, edit, and export mp3 files
- View and modify mp3 metadata
- Get bit rates
- Convert to mp3 (Requires a third party mp3 encoder, such as wikipedia.org/wiki/LAME)
MP4 / AAC sound file support
- Convert to mp4 (Windows users require a third party AAC encoder such as Nero AAC)
Use MediaManager to organize, modify, or launch files. You can even create a complete document management system!
- Store media (documents, images, sounds, movies, applications) directly or by reference
- Grab HTML text, images, and other files from web sites
- Export media with a dynamic name and location
- Move, rename, copy, delete, create, and open external files
- List volumes, folders, and files
- Gather detailed information about images, sounds, and other media
- GetVideoInfo to read metadata from video files
Ideas of how to use MediaManager
- Sound archive/library management
- Image archive/library management
- Document management
- Music or Podcast library application
- Website content management
- Automatically create web-friendly thumbnails
- Dynamically generate web pages