Genesis Accounting™ —
Part of the Genesis Financial Suite
Genesis Accounting is a business management solution which encompasses the general ledger accounting functions of your business:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- General Journal
- Bank Reconciliation
- Financial Statements
Designed for seamless integration with your existing FileMaker solution, Genesis Accounting may also be deployed together with the rest of the Genesis suite.
- The most robust general-application accounting package available in FileMaker
- Mature product available since 1998
- Powerful and flexible financial reporting
- Multi-user with industrial strength protection for data integrity
- Secure audit log and password protection
- Button-driven, easy-to-use intuitive interface
- Designed by accounting professionals
Is Genesis Right for You?
Industries using Genesis include manufacturing, publishing, media, medical, software, hardware, insurance, accounting, financial, retail, wholesale, government, and professional services.
Multiple users and locations are supported in real-time by accessing the same server; one integrated information matrix to build and distribute knowledge throughout your organization while retaining accountability and management control.
Genesis is designed for businesses on the high end of SMB (Small-and-Medium Business), from 10 to 999 employees.
Use Genesis Accounting™ in one of two ways
- As an integral part of the Genesis Financial Suite, an enterprise business system comprising Genesis Transactions (core transaction and operations functions), Genesis Accounting (GL, AP and AR), and Genesis Business Metrics (an optional module for advanced financial analysis). Together, you have a complete business management and financial system entirely in FileMaker; one integrated information matrix to build and distribute knowledge throughout your organization.
- Or, merge it with your existing commercial or custom FileMaker solution to provide a seamless integration of all your business processes. This enables automatic posting of customer and vendor transactions from your FileMaker files to the Genesis Accounting FileMaker files. No more export/import or manual re-entry. Genesis Accounting works with a broad range of front-end solutions. Obtain the benefit of live, real time accounting data viewed in your files and up to the minute accounting reports and financial statements from the accounting files. Read about how we’ve made this easy.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FEATURE-RICH ENVIRONMENT OF GENESIS ACCOUNTING™
- Eighteen months open – the current fiscal year and the first six months of the next fiscal year. Relax, you have six months to close your fiscal year.
- Lock past months – no data entry allowed in locked months. Unlock and relock at will.
- Financial statements – current year and five prior years. Many ways to group and summarize. Compare any year to any year.
- 12 Month Income Statement – see all 12 months and year-to-date totals side by side on one report. For the current year or any of the five prior years. At the click of a button. In seconds. On screen or printed.
- Drill Down – click on any amount on the Balance Sheet or Income Statement to drill down to the transaction detail. Makes research a breeze.
- General Ledger detail report – see all transactions in an account or a range of accounts. Filter by date range, transaction number range, contact name, description, department, job, or by other categories. You won’t believe how easy it is to find the detail you want and exclude the detail you don’t want.
- Bank Reconciliation – complete, easy to use bank reconciliation. Multiple bank accounts.
- Import Journal Entries – from Excel spreadsheets.
- Dual entry – post from Invoices to AR or enter directly in AR. Same with Purchase Orders and AP. Transactions from both sources appear together for all functions.
- Unpost transactions – unpost and delete or unpost, correct, and repost.
- AR Prepayments and Direct Receipts – record customer prepayments or other receipts for which no receivable exists. Apply prepayments to outstanding receivables.
- AP Direct payment – record payments to vendors or others for which no payable exists.
- AR and AP Aging Reports – receivables detail or summary for a single customer, or for all customers, at any aging cutoff date in a open period. Same for payables and vendors.
- AR Customer Statements – balance forward or open items statements at any cutoff date in a open period. Very cool statements with lots of data. Will show prepayments.
- Sales Commission Report – pay commissions on collected amounts only.
- AR and AP Transaction History reports – in date order or transaction # order, by date range or document range. Trace anything quickly. See all transactions related to a particular receivable or payable. Quick and efficient. It has never been so easy to see what happened.
What’s included with Genesis Accounting?
General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, robust Statements and Reports, Journal and Reconciliation functions designed with a smart interface architecture to link to your existing system, or to Genesis Transactions.
Does Genesis Accounting come with open code?
Yes – Genesis Accounting includes certain modules that are fully accessible to a developer to extend the functionality of Genesis Accounting as needed or desired. Certain core files are locked to protect our intellectual property and to protect the integrity of the solution. In all modules, the client has full access to layout mode to modify the appearance of Genesis Accounting and to integrate features.
Is Genesis Accounting compatible with both Windows and Mac?
Yes. Genesis Accounting is compatible with all popular Windows and Mac platforms; multiple users and multiple locations are supported in real-time by accessing the same server from either Mac or Windows devices (or both).
Can I host Genesis on the Cloud?
Yes, but it depends. When integrating with other FileMaker solutions we often recommend hosting Genesis together on your existing server (wherever it may be). Likewise we review performance and internet connectivity before determining a hosting plan. Please discuss with our sales team as you explore the options.
My existing accounting solution is working for me. Why would I switch to Genesis Accounting?
Genesis Accounting provides real-time, seamless linking to the rest of your FileMaker system. You save information transfer time, gain accuracy, and get instant feedback on the financial position of your company. These benefits are powerfully clear once you experience them.
Does Genesis Accounting handle payroll?
Not by itself. There are many payroll applications and services that are excellent and cost effective. We designed Genesis Accounting to take advantage of these services. Most of our customers import an Excel file provided by their payroll service each pay period to automatically create a journal entry in Genesis.
My accounting information is sensitive, can I protect the data?
Yes. Genesis Accounting’s architecture protects data while maintaining strict accounting protocols. New Millennium leads the FileMaker community in its depth of security expertise.
Is a downloadable demo of Genesis Accounting available?
No. We can arrange for your company to participate in a guided tour of the full software via a remote connection. Contact our sales team for details.
CLIENT STORY FROM FILEMAKER MAGAZINE
Read about the implementation of Genesis at a modern 300-acre industrial park in Brooklyn in this article from FileMaker Advisor magazine: “Success Story: Brooklyn Navy Yard” (.PDF)
PRICINGGenesis is sold in sets of five licenses and includes the latest version of FileMaker Pro for each user. Our flexible pricing allows you to tailor Genesis to your needs, either as separate modules or as a complete suite.
To learn more, please visit our pricing page.
As a result, its business model is unique and requires the effective management of multiple inventories, complex sales promotions, and countless details.
To more effectively manage the business, we developed our own internal data management system.
After approximately five years, due to the growth and expansion of our company, we began to seek an all-inclusive and consistently stable management system, i.e., a complete package.
Once we began working with New Millennium and using Genesis, it became clear that we could accomplish things with information management that we had previously thought out of reach… we can implement our complete business model and integrate our most subtle and complex needs.
Using a phased implementation plan, we were able to utilize parts of Genesis to great advantage while simultaneously working on the remainder of the system.
I recommend the services of New Millennium with complete confidence in the value of the product and the integrity of its personnel.”
— Elaine S. Beale, Chief Operating Officer, Sunbelt Sales & Marketing
Speak to one of our consultants — we’ll answer your questions and explore how New Millennium can make an impact on your business.